Making North Main Street a Point of Pride
‘Unite North Main is a multi-year effort to transform North Main Street into a great gateway to Greater Jamestown, Northside neighborhoods, and downtown Jamestown. ’
A master plan for the North Main Street corridor -- the first phase of the Unite North Main project -- is now underway. Clark Patterson Lee, a design firm with an office on North Main, is developing a plan that will provide a blueprint to advance the following goals:
- Distinctive: Develop a positive, distinctive, and memorable identity for North Main Street.
- Vibrant: Promote interaction and a sense of community -- a true "Main Street".
- Safe: Make the street user-friendly for pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorists.
- Beautiful: Enhance the street's curb appeal through landscaping and exterior reinvestment.
- Welcoming: Greet visitors with helpful and attractive orientation signage.
Tell us what you think!
We want to hear what you think are the key challenges and opportunities along North Main Street. Use the map below to leave your feedback on improvements you would like to see at specific locations -- or trouble spots that should be addressed. Remember to do so in a positive and constructive way - after all, this project is about making things better!